Sign the Petition: Democracy Is Our Foundation, Fix It!
The 2020 general election was a remarkable success. Thanks to determined voters, to devoted election officials and to engaged citizens, we learned that our democracy can still deliver. But it also revealed the fragility of our systems. So much more is needed to transform our democracy so that it can live up to our ideals.
The President, the House of Representatives and the Senate must prioritize an overhaul of voting, money-in-politics, and ethics laws that will make our democracy more inclusive, more representative, and less partisan. We need a solid foundation to rebuild and heal this nation.
The For the People Act (HR 1) is a once-in-a-generation package of proven reforms that would:
- Expand and protect voting rights and access to the ballot;
- Put ordinary Americans ahead of Big Money donors;
- End gerrymandering so that electoral districts are fairly drawn;
- Clean up government and hold elected officials to the highest ethical standards.
Add your name to our partners' petition demanding that the For the People Act be a first order of business in the new administration. This will be delivered in January as a welcome and an invitation to the incoming President and Congress.
Bless the USPS - Save the Post Office
The United States Postal Service (USPS) has provided mail delivery as a public service in the United States since it was established in the U.S. Constitution. The USPS connects Americans to life-saving medicines, important products, and to each other across distant and sometimes remote locations--and in 2020 the USPS connected millions of Americans to the ballot box. Our postal workers offer an essential service in this pandemic and support a faithful democracy.
In COVID, the USPS needs emergency funding to maintain delivery services that meet the needs of the nation.
Take Action Today to Save the USPS!
- Show your support by calling your Senators to provide the $25 Billion in emergency funding for critical USPS delivery services in a pandemic. United States Capitol switchboard: (202) 224-3121.
- Mail a blessing for our Postal Workers: Download our “Bless the USPS” postcards or order a FREE pack of 20 with your pledge to send them all in 2020! Communicate with friends and family while letting our postal workers know that they are seen and appreciated. Why not send 2 directly to your U.S. Senators' offices to urge them for $25B in emergency funding? Postage not included!
- Take a picture when you put your postcard in the mail to deliver your blessing over social media! Upload to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the tags: #FaithfulDemocracy #BlessTheUSPS. Tag @USPS and @Faith_Democracy.
Endorse Our Principles
Our faith-based partners unite around the Voters Covenant, Faithful Democracy’s statement of principles. Endorsement of the Covenant is a public statement of support for our shared concerns and our democratic mission. By endorsing the Voters Covenant, your organization, house of worship, congregation, or faith-based group 1) agrees to be publicly listed as part of our network and 2) indicates a willingness to engage—as availability and capacity allow—in our collective advocacy efforts to further the mission. Faithful Democracy will not release any statements, press releases, letters or other communications on behalf of endorsers unless they have affirmatively opted-in.
Are you an individual who agrees with the principles of the Voters Covenant? Join the mission by taking action to support a more faithful democracy and subscribing for updates about coalition activities